Tina has lived locally for 43 years. With a successful business career she is actively involved with many Boards and Committees and works in a wide range of charitable activities. Winning a number of distinguished awards, including Top Female Entrepreneur of the World, she appears regularly on BBC Radio, TV and national newspapers. She became involved in Local Politics in 2005 because she felt she should ‘start giving back’ being a ‘Capitalist with a Socialist Conscience’. Tina says: “As your District Councillor for the last 10 years it has been a privilege to represent Debden, Wimbish and Carver Barracks. Although I will admit the body may be past its sellby date, my enthusiasm and brain are as strong and active as ever and the concerns and interests of the people I represent remain foremost. I am proud to have started a number of initiatives including the Tang Ting Twinning Association (where the generosity of local residents has been quite humbling), the Debden & Wimbish Community Group.
I have always tried to stand up, speak out and support the individual, regardless of their political viewpoint and, although this has not made me popular in some quarters, getting the job done is far more important than winning a popularity contest.” If elected on Thursday 7 May:
- As always, I will be available to help with any of your problems or concerns
- Continue to support all who live or work in Debden, Wimbish & Carver Barracks
- Keep in touch with you through my regular newsletters and community magazines
- Will represent your views strongly at both District and County Council level
- Continue pressing for local bus routes, the prevention of 4 x 4 vehicles using bridlepaths during bad weather and the much needed cycle path from Thaxted to Saffron Walden.