Uttlesford has been my home since 1989. I live here, I work here and I am incredibly proud to represent the Great Dunmow Division on Essex County Council.
Uttlesford is a special place to live but with neighbouring Districts has to play its part in Essex in terms of housing and economic growth. As a Conservative Councillor I am part of a strong team at Essex that has
· Lobbied and gained funding for improvements to Junction 8
· Lobbied and received agreement for funding for a new junction 7a
· Worked with partners to gain funding for a new College at Stansted which will specialise in Engineering.
· Gained £5m in match funding to start the process of improvements to the A120 beyond Braintree
· Scrutinised the plans for new schools in the District and across Essex to be satisfied that all young people will have a school place when they need one. The Commissioning School Places in Essex 2016-21plan can be found on the Essex Website.
· Invested £191m in additional school places over the last four years with 26,000 new places set to be created by 2025.
· Reduced the number of young people in care in Essex.
As an individual Councillor I work with your Parish and Town Councils to resolve local issues. The most complicated to resolve are flood related and minor road repairs.
One of my most rewarding roles on the Council is as Chairman of Stansted Airport Community Trust; so if your Club or Church or Village Hall etc .has a project in mind and you would like to apply for some funding please do get in touch.